Pregnancy is one of the most dangerous times in a mother’s life. As much as possible, she has to be free from any type of sickness for most medications can harm the baby. However, there are certain conditions that a mother cannot avoid such as morning sickness. Morning sickness is common to most pregnant women. It is the time when daily chores and work are unexpectedly interrupted by the sudden urge to go to the wash room. In order to stay as productive, a mother should make use of cures not harmful to the baby such as natural remedies. Here are some of the best natural morning sickness cures that a mother can use.
- Eat one or two toasts prior to getting up. You can plead to your husband to make some toast for you early in the morning. Such will be eaten before getting out of bed. Morning sickness can be simply caused by an empty stomach. If you eat something before getting up can help alleviate the symptoms.
- Eat some ginger. It has been known to have remarkable effects and is widely used as one of the morning sickness cures for centuries. There are many forms of gingers in the food market if you do not like eating the raw one.
- Take a bit of salty food. Eat something with a salty taste prior to eating a meal. It relaxes your stomach and allows you to eat more whenever you do not have the appetite to do so. This is very important since you cannot afford to skip a meal. Remember that your baby needs as much nutrients to be fully developed.
- Aromatherapy. This is one of the natural cures that have been employed for years already. If eating a peppermint or drinking peppermint tea helps settle your rolling stomach, smelling its scent can as well. You can put a drop on your handkerchief that you can carry around so that whenever you feel nauseous you can make use of it.
- Take Vitamin B6 rich foods. It may not be effective for some. However it is considered as one of the best cures. You can get Vitamin B6 otherwise known as pyridoxine from liver, potato, nuts and fatty fish. You can also ask your doctor to prescribe you with this vitamin.
- Take small meals. This ensures a full stomach. As previously mentioned, an empty stomach can aggravate the symptoms. You can take bread or fruits according to your preference. This can be a great cure.
- Make use of a relief band. A relief band has a button which puts a pressure on a certain point that relieves nausea and vomiting. This is known to be helpful even in alleviating morning sickness.