Morning sickness is a normal condition experienced by pregnant women. It is not something they should be overly worried about except for a few sever cases. For common cases, there are a lot of remedies and methods to alleviate morning sickness. They can either be natural or medical in accordance with your preference and the intensity of your condition. Here are a few effective tips that you can make use of in order to relieve pregnancy morning sickness.
- Get fresh air. When a person is on high levels of estrogens just like pregnant women, she tends to have over sensitive sense of smell. The slightest smell of garbage or a strong scent of perfume is enough to turn your stomach. In order to avoid such results, open you windows and breathe some fresh air. You can also make use of citrus scents to counteract the strong smell.
- Eat salty foods. Salty foods have been found out to relax your stomach. These alleviate current feelings of morning sickness as well as stimulate your appetite. Pregnant women often times experience a loss of appetite but eating is important to nurse the baby into a good condition.
- Have an adequate sound sleep. Tiredness is one of the possible causes of morning sickness. Plus, what can be more refreshing than a good night sleep. Relaxation and naps are also essential to boost your energy during the day.
- Take sips of water. Salty foods can trigger thirst. That is why it important to take sips of water to prevent dehydration. Although not good when taken with a meal, drinking fluids is still an essential part of alleviating morning sickness.
- Give in to your cravings. It is very difficult to get a pregnant woman to eat because of the queasy feeling they have. Some foods may make them vomit which makes it important to settle on what you want to eat. This will help keep the pregnant woman healthy as well as the baby.
- Eat small frequent meals. Keeping some crackers at bedside can best help alleviate morning sickness to most women. The frequent eating of such settles the stomach. It is best to have small six meals than three large ones when in comes to relief of morning sickness.
- 7. Avoid caffeinated drinks. Beverages with caffeine often stimulate the stomach. In order to prevent such, refrain from drinking coffee and sodas. Instead, drink ginger or peppermint tea. These two have shown great results when it comes to relieving nausea and vomiting caused by pregnancy.
Choose whichever works best for you. These effective tips can be your guide to a healthy and safe pregnancy. However, the right remedy is all up to you. Just remember, the natural ways are often times more effective and safer to use.